In Between Sea and Mountains
Most Famous Tourist Attractions:
- Seaside resorts: Portofino, Rapallo, S. Margherita Ligure, Alassio, Bordighera, SanRemo, Lerici, Portovenere and Cinque Terre;
- Genoa, famous for its rich cultural heritage and the Aquarium;
- Naturalistic paths: “Passeggiata dell’Amore” in Cinque Terre.
One of the best assets of Liguria is its climate. It’s mild, as the mountains protect the region from the Northern winds and the sea has a mitigating influx on the coastline. The average temperature in the seaside locations is 8°C during winter and 24°C during summer. Heaven.
- Sauces: pesto, tocco, agliata, preboggion;
- Fish dishes: French bouillabesse, ciuppin, buridda;
- Focacce and Farinata;
- Biscuits: amaretti di Sassello, baci di Alassio, canestrelli;
- Other sweets: ravioli dolci (sweet ravioli), pan dolce, marzipan.
Coronata, Vino delle Cinque Terre, Sciacchetrà.